Click the award below to download a PDF application for the 2019 Cheyenne Schools Foundation grants.
GUIDELINES FOR APPLICATIONS:
- DEADLINE: Applications must be submitted by the end of the day, Wednesday, September 18, 2019. See the application for specific deadline information.
- Ensure there is no identifying information included in the details of the application.
- Ensure you have the required signatures. There are new approval requirements for 2019.
- Print two copies of the application, budget, and supplementary material.
- Mail both copies to:
Cheyenne Schools Foundation
PO Box 484
Cheyenne, WY 82003-0484
- Electronic applications may be submitted to CheyenneSchoolsFoundation@gmail.com.
- Please contact Patty Webb (307-287-3503 or email@example.com) with any questions.
SUGGESTIONS FOR APPLICATIONS:
- Collaboration with other teachers in your building and across the district is encouraged.
- Project proposals from previous years are welcome.
- If you have a special idea that doesn’t fit the Student Enrichment Grant or Excellence in Education Grant criteria, consider applying for the Request for Funds Program.
About the Grants
Cheyenne Schools Foundation Grants are made possible by generous contributions of local businesses, community members, service groups, and LCSD#1 employees.The Foundation Awards an average of $25,000 annually in grants to teachers who use the funding to enrich their curriculum and provide unique learning opportunities.
Two types of grants are awarded:
- Excellence in Education grants of up to $3,000
- Preference is given to those who reach out to the community to fulfill part of their grant project. Limit of 1 Excellence Grant per school, per year.
- All materials purchased with these funds must stay at the project site.
- Student Enrichment grants of approximately $1,000
- There is no limit on the number of grants that can be awarded to each school each year.
One type of funding available (for non-grant-related funds):
- Request for Funds Program has no specified amounts.
- The purpose is to provide additional funds for special circumstances once the fall funding process is complete. Limited funds are available, and should support the CSF mission statement. Applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis for requests outside the fall grant process. Your request may be funded if the CSF board has sufficient monies.
Teachers who receive funds are expected to share the results of their programs with the LCSD#1 professional academic community and the Cheyenne Schools Foundation board. This ensures that successes are shared, new programs and teaching methods are explored, and the overall educational environment is strengthened.