…empowering those who inspire our next generation of leaders, innovators, and dreamers.
Cheyenne Schools Foundation grants fund engaging and innovative classroom programs that are beyond the capacity of the local school district budget. The grants promote community interest and participation in education, and allow students to explore and grow through:
- Academic opportunities
- Personal experiences
- Vocational activities
Grant applicants are reviewed by a committee of community members, as well as the Foundation Board. Grants are awarded based on the funds available, as well as the number and amount of grant applications.
The Cheyenne Schools Foundation helps teachers use innovative programs that inspire excellence in the classroom by:
- Captivating students’ interest with interactive learning
- Encouraging stronger academic achievement through engaging classroom experience
- Developing skills and a passion for learning that will last a lifetime
- Empowering teachers to develop curricula that meet their own specifications and strengths
The Foundation awards an average of $25,000 annually in grants to teachers who use the funding to enrich their curriculum and provide unique learning opportunities.
Two types of grants are awarded:
- Excellence in Education grants of up to $3,000
- Student Enrichment Grants of approximately $1,000
Teachers who receive grants are expected to share the results of their programs with the LCSD#1 professional academic community, as well as the Foundation Board. This means that successes are shared, new programs and teaching methods are explored, and the overall educational environment is strengthened.